Our Commitment to the Community
For more than 30 years, ValvTechnologies has been in the business of leadership – focused on hard work, creative problem solving and an outward-focus on how we can make a difference in the world. Everywhere we work, we strive to leave the community better than we found it. Nothing showcases our commitment to community than the more than 30 years of philanthropic activity and involvement by ValvTechnologies as a business, as well as individual employee contributors.
The company supports numerous charitable organizations around the world and employees are encouraged to join in as well, as illustrated by the company-supported ValvTechnologies’ Charity Committee, which has been operating on-site at the Houston office for decades.
ValvTechnologies is proud to support the following organizations:
- The Avondale House – Avondale House provides individuals with autism the resources, education and training to develop to their fullest potential.
- Alpha – Alpha is a series of sessions exploring the Christian faith. Each talk looks at a different question around faith and is designed to create conversation. Alpha is run all around the globe, and everyone’s welcome. It runs in cafés, churches, universities, homes—you name it. No two Alphas look the same, but generally they have three key things in common: food, a talk and good conversation.
- Texas Children’s Hospital – Texas Children’s Hospital, located in Houston, Texas, is a not-for-profit organization whose mission is to create a healthier future for children and women throughout our global community by leading in patient care, education and research.
- Salvation Army Angel Tree Program – The Angel Tree Program provides Christmas for children ages 0 to 12 years old and seniors age 65 and older who otherwise would not receive any gifts at Christmas.
- Camp Eagle – A summer camp in west Texas focused on outdoor adventure and bible-based curriculum.
- Glorietta Christian Camp and Retreat – Inspiring Christ-like change through outdoor adventure, authentic relationships and Biblical truth.
- Houston Methodist Customer Care and Research – Comprised of the leading academic medical center in the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals serving the Greater Houston area.
- College of Biblical Studies – Houston-based organization, providing biblically-based education for the Body of Christ, with primary focus on African American and other ethnic minority groups and equips its students with a biblical worldview for Christian service to the church and the world.
- Dallas Theological Seminary – one of the top doctoral programs in the United States, their mission is to glorify Godly by equipping godly servant-leaders for the proclamation of His Word and the building up of the body of Christ worldwide.
- Rice University – Fostering diversity and an intellectual environment, Rice University is a comprehensive research university in Houston, Texas. Rice produces the next generation of leaders and advances tomorrow’s thinking.
- University of Houston – U of H empowers students in their pursuit of learning, discovery, leadership and engagement. Ranked among the best colleges in America, U of H provides students with cutting-edge programs including undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, distance and continuing education and is home to one of the most diverse student populations in the nation.
- American Cancer Society – The American Cancer Society is a nationwide voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer.
- Empower UH – a University of Houston group working to address gender roles in the workplace.
- MD Anderson Blood Drive – Quarterly blood drives are held at the ValvTechnologies’ facility.
- YMCA Operation Backpack – Providing school supplies for children in our communities so they may start school with the tools they need to be successful.
- Blessings in a Backpack – Mobilizing communities, individuals and resources to provide food on the weekends for elementary school children across America who might otherwise go hungry.
- Black Diamond – Adventure-filled, Pacific Northwest retreat where campers have the opportunity to discover God’s truth and be inspired.
- Carolina Creek – Located in Huntsville, Texas, Carolina Creek provides a variety of sports, arts, and outdoor adventure in an exciting environment where youth and adults can experience and know the love of Jesus Christ.
- Raffles and food drives for those in need – includes local food pantries and animal shelters.
ValvTechnologies is proud of our commitment to the community – and even prouder of our employees who take part.
Organizations that ValvTechnologies has donated to:
- Edify & HOPE International (Serves to provide and sustain Christian education in the developing world.)
- Boy Scouts of America
- Northwest 45 Little League
- Texas Rush Nike youth soccer team
- Cypress Creek FFA
- Congregation Beth Yeshurun
- Holiday food drives