New Compact Design, Same Proven Performance.
The flagship of the ValvTechnologies’ product line, the V1-1, is the valve by which all other severe service metal-seated ball valves are measured. The V1-1 design includes integral seats, RiTech® hard coatings, blowout-proof stem and live-loaded packing. Primarily used in severe service applications, V1-1 valves are manufactured to each customer’s unique specifications.
The V Series’ proven seat supported design provides improved performance, far beyond the capability of linear operated valves which feature obstructed and torturous flow paths. ValvTechnologies’ design and construction delivers the extra safety margin so crucial to maintaining productivity: customers benefit by realizing increased security, less downtime and lower maintenance.
V1-1’s are engineered to be leak-free, maximize flow and reduce the overall cost of ownership. So confident of their performance, only ValvTechnologies’ V1-1 valves are backed by the best four year, zero-leakage warranty in the industry.
What is special about this light-weight, compact design?
This valve is available in sizes 1/4 – 3/4” (3/8” bore) which extends the offering to allow for typical instrumentation and sampling applications. This small, light-weight valve has all the benefits of the larger sizes but has a greatly reduced weight and size which allows customers to benefit from this reliable option.
- Integral metal seat. With our proprietary HVOF RiTech® coating technology, the integral seat in ValvTechnologies’ valves is resistant to the attack of abrasive magnetite and ferrous oxides that may be seen in the steam flow.
- Body seal ring. ValvTechnologies’ design utilizes a one-piece, hard-coated, blow-out proof stem that is inserted through the inside of the body cavity eliminating the possibility of blow-out through the gland area. There are no pins, collars or other devices used to retain the stem in the valve body.
- Patented coating process. The sealing surfaces are overlaid with tungsten or chromium carbide using our exclusive HVOF RiTech® process. These surfaces have a hardness of 68 – 72 Rc to allow long periods of operation in the most severe conditions.
- Live-loaded gland area. The V Series’ sealing design features a four stud, live-loaded assembly designed for heavy industrial applications. The sealing material is high purity Grafoil® surrounded by stainless steel wire mesh anti-extrusion rings. The six Belleville® springs (per stud) provide constant load pressure through extreme thermal shocks and prevent wear leaks in high-cycle service.
- Blow-out proof stem design utilizes a one piece, hard-faced, blow-out proof stem that is inserted through the inside of the body cavity eliminating the possibility of blow-out through the gland area.
- Zero-leakage shutoff. ValvTechnologies tests every valve according to ANSI procedures, however, we toughen the standard and define zero-leakage as no detectable leakage of gas or a liquid for a period of three minutes or greater. The ValvTechnologies’ standard is zero drops and zero bubbles, guaranteed.
- Small, compact size and low weight. Benefit: Greatly reduced weight and size which should allow customers to consider this reliable option instrumentation, sampling and other non-traditional applications
- Through conduit design: No tortuous flow path. When open it has the highest possible Cv’s. Minimized wear & tear. Benefit: Eliminated vibration, reduced maintenance
- Fixed position – quarter turn: No seating torques required. Benefit: Minimized stem wear, lower cost of ownership
- Hardened blowout proof stem: One piece, inserted through the body & shouldered. Eliminates the weak link of collared & pinned designs. Benefit: Improved safety
- Metallic body seal ring: Increases body integrity by eliminating external leakage. Benefit: Improved reliability, zero-leakage shutoff
- Live-loaded packing gland: Minimum four bolt configuration with shallow stuffing box. Ensures consistent torque at variable pressures & temperatures. Benefit: Increased reliability
- Hardcoated & mate lapped seats: High Velocity Oxygen Fuel (HVOF) RiTech™ chrome carbide hardcoating with a Rockwell C of up to 72. Mate-lapped seats. Benefit: Wear and corrosion resistant, increased reliability, Zero-leakage shutoff
- Seat designs: Hardcoated, both ball & integral downstream seat to the end-cap to eliminate a potential leak path. Benefit: Increased reliability
- Simplicity of design: Designed for ease of installation & maintenance. Benefit: Easily actuated, increased system reliability, increased efficiencies, ease of use, reeduced maintenance
- Stringent testing: Every valve is tested, documented & serialized. Benefit: Increased reliability, increased safety, total traceability
- Four-year warranty*: The very best in the industry. Includes internal seat leakage & external leakage through the packing &/or body seal. Benefit: Lower cost of ownership, increased reliability
*steam and water applications
- Insulating jackets: For further protection valves can be fitted with removable and reusable valve insulation blanket jackets.
- Mounting hardware: ValvTechnologies’ external stop mounting hardware minimizes or eliminates stem and sealing performance problems caused by a faulty re-installation of an operator on an automated valve.
- Other options:
- Special end connections available
- Class V sealing in the reverse direction
- Tandem arrangements
- Complete automation packages available
- Characterized trim
- Oval hand wheel
- Actuator mounting
Standard ValvTechnologies’ four-year zero-leakage warranty in power applications.