ValvTechnologies / DFT® Nuclear Check Valves.
ValvTechnologies is an exclusive distributor of in-line check valves for nuclear applications and licensed manufacturer of ASME III and safety related check valves.
Designed to prevent “water hammer”, the spring-assisted, in-line design featured in all DFT® check valves ensures that as the forward flow in a pipeline decreases, the disc begins moving closer to the seat. By the time the flow stops, the disc is closed against the seat, preventing flow reversal. This prevents the valve from slamming closed, causing “water hammer” and the resultant noise and damage to piping systems.
- Designed to prevent “water hammer.” The spring-assisted, axial flow, in-line, nozzle style, non-slam design featured in all DFT® check valves insures that as the forward flow in a pipeline decreases, the disc begins moving closer to the seat. By the time the flow stops, the disc is closed against the seat preventing flow reversal. This prevents the valve from slamming closed, which can cause “water hammer” and the resultant noise and damage to piping systems.
- Designed to open at approx. 0.5 psi differential pressure and fully open at 1.0 psi differential pressure
- Can be installed in ANY position. Including vertical with flow up or down (Special springs may be required.)
- MSS SP 126-2000 Steel Non-slam Spring-Assisted Center Guided Check Valves Standard. DFT® carbon steel, stainless steel and alloy valves meet this standard
- Meet or exceed MSS SP-61 leakage requirements. Metal-to-metal seating is standard in all DFT® non-slam check valves
- Dual-guided stems. The stem is guided upstream and downstream in certain designs, to guard against vibrations and insure proper disc seating
- Custom sizing available. The following DFT® check valves can be sized to the appropriate flow conditions: ALC®, Excalibur®, GLC®, WLC®, and Y-Calibur™
- Pulse-damping design
The DFT® Model PDC® is specifically designed for use on the discharge of reciprocating air or gas compressors. The design includes a pulse-damping chamber to protect against premature seat wear due to chattering.
- Liquids, gas or steam. All DFT® non-slam check valves provide positive shutoff for applications involving liquids, gas, or steam. Applications include chemical lines, fluid injection, condensate recovery, steam, nitrogen, pump, and compressor discharge, chiller and boiler feed systems.
- Maintenance and Installation guides available for all DFT® non-slam check valves.
- Designed to prevent “water hammer”
- Spring assisted, in-line design ensures that as the forward flow decreases, the disc begins to move closer to the seat
- Real flexibility in application, from 1/4 to 24 “ 150 – 2500# class