Designed for a Higher Calling.
Order up a safer, higher-performing side-entry valve that is both tough and multi-functional. The NexTech® E Series (enhanced series) represents a true engineered-to-spec, specialty valve with materials selected to meet the needs of the most demanding applications. These valves are designed and configured to handle corrosive, high-temperature and high-solid applications requiring zero-leakage shutoff.
ValvTechnologies’ NexTech® valves offer safety and reliability in a wide variety of pressure-critical applications.
- Live-loaded gland area. The NexTech® design features a four stud, live-loaded assembly designed for heavy industrial applications. The sealing material is high purity Grafoil® surrounded by stainless steel wire mesh anti-extrusion rings.
- Carbide sealing surfaces. The sealing surfaces are overlaid with tungsten or chromium carbide using our exclusive HVOF RiTech® process. These surfaces have a hardness of 68 – 72 Rc to allow long periods of operation in the most severe conditions.
- High integrity seat surfaces. To prevent leaks around the seats, ValvTechnologies has developed an innovative double seal design for high temperature operation and/or high cycling applications. In low temperature, high cycling service, a secondary elastomer seal is installed on the seat perimeter
- Solids resistance. In addition to the carbide coatings which will allow the valve to function in highly abrasive applications, the individual valve parts have additional seals to prevent interference from solids in the system. This provides for outstanding performance in catalyst systems, streams with solids contamination and polymers.
- Guaranteed tight shut-off. Benefit: Enhanced process safety and repeatable sealing allows operation under process excursions
- True metal-to-metal sealing without using secondary elastomeric seals. Benefit: Inherent fire safety
- Solid-proofed by design. Benefit: Process reliability
- HVOF RiTech® coating technology. Benefit: Extended life
- Grafoil® seals. Benefit: Reduced maintenance costs
- Double block-and-bleed capability. Benefit: Enhanced process safety
- High-cycling capability. Benefit: Process reliability
- Bi-directional sealing by design. Benefit: Enhanced process safety, lower maintenance, less downtime
- Single-piece anti blow-out stem design. Benefit: Enhanced process safety
- Impervious to high thermal cycling. Benefit: Enhanced process safety
- Certified to use in SIL-3 loop in single-valve and SIL-4 loop in two-valve with minimum MTBF 1,280 years. Benefit: Enhanced process safety
- Live-load stem packing (four-bolt design). Benefit: Lower emissions
- Stem fugitive emissions per ISO 15848-1 Class B. Benefit: Lower emissions, enhanced process safety
- Fire safe certification: API-607. Benefit: Enhanced process safety
Case Study: Teamwork Builds Success
Location: Southeast United States
Plant type: Combined Cycle Power Plant
Application: HP Steam
Background: During a scheduled weekend outage, a large combine cycle power plant discovered a valve that would not move. Upon further inspection, the customer found a damaged coupler on the valve’s mounting bracket. Assuming this damaged coupler was causing the valve to lock up, the customer decided against purchasing a new valve and instead simply replaced the damaged mounting bracket. Preparing to go back online, the customer found the valve would still not function.
Requirement: Immediate shipment of a V Series metal seated ball valve for main steam draining was required to avoid extended outage time.
Result: Receiving the emergency request on Saturday, ValvTechnologies quickly assembled a cross-functional team to provide the power plant with an immediate solution. Representatives from the Shipping, Warehouse and Service departments were called to the Houston office to solve the customer’s issue. The ValvTechnologies’ team was able to identify, assemble, test and ship a replacement zero-leakage valve by the end of day Saturday, the very same day the emergency request was received.
The customer received the valve Monday morning and immediately installed it. The new valve functioned perfectly and the customer was able to go back online, saving thousands of dollars in potential down time and revenue loss.
- Helium testing to Class VI
- Reduced port
- Special materials
- Limited operational warranty
- Cladding and overlays
- Refining: Continuous catalyst regeneration (CCR) reforming (UOP and Axens), pressure swing adsorption (PSA) skids, cumene production, low-pressure catalyst handling in hydrotreaters and hydrocrackers, gas drier (molecular sieve) applications, hydrogen or oxygen service
- Chemical: Unipol polyethylene (when metal seated), dow polypropylene, PSA skids, silicon processing, high-cycle lock-hopper valves
- Gasification: Lock-hoppers, black water, syngas isolation
- Power: Bi-directional, low-pressure applications such as soot-blowers and chemical handling
- Specialty: Corrosive applications where seat material should be different than body material, high-cycle applications, bi-directional, double block-and-bleed
Two year warranty on parts and workmanship